National Brothers Day 2018: National Brother Day which is mainly celebrate by brothers in the month May 24th, the male sibling and their contributions to each and every one of their families. It seeks to celebrate the bond between brothers and its significance.
National Brother Day is an unofficial national holiday that is annually celebrated on the 24th of May. Not to be confused with The National Sibling Day, which is celebrated in the month of April. Go through below article to know more about the national brothers day.
National Brothers Day 2018- History, Facts & Quotes, Top Events & Things to Do
National Brothers Day History
The History of Brother’s Day: Brother’s Day celebrates the family – specifically, brothers. Celebrated on the 24th of May, it’s a great day to let your brother know how much he means to you. The bond between brothers is so strong and such a significant part of many people’s lives that it has inspired hundreds of books, films, paintings, poetry, and plays.
How many famous brothers can you think of? What about the Brother’s Grimm, famous for their stories? Or the Wright brothers, who pioneered the first airplanes?
Liam and Noel Gallagher of Oasis are brothers. Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb made up the Bee Gees. The Jackson 5 were all brothers – can you name any more? There’s no doubt that sometimes brothers don’t get the fame and fortune that the above do – but National Brothers Day is about making sure that your brother knows that you still think the world of him, even if you don’t always get along!
How to Celebrate Brother’s Day
This is simple – it’s time to get in touch with your brother or brothers and spend some time with them!. Have a few brothers? Get together and go for a quick pint at the pub, or go catch a film together. Just the one brother? Give him a call and catch up, or pay each other a visit. Or maybe just irritate him a bit by texting him lots of GIFs, whichever you feel like.
If it’s been a long time since you have seen your brother, perhaps it’s time to get back in touch. This is the perfect day to do so. There could be lots of things that you’ve missed!
Make sure you use the hashtag #brothersday when you talk about today on social media, and maybe you can share some of the stories you have about your brother growing up just to embarrass him!. Whatever you get up to on Brother’s Day, make sure you take some time out for your family.
Brother’s Day Facts & Quotes
- According to Jeffrey Kluger, author of The Sibling Effect, men who have sisters are better at talking to women than those who grew up without a sister.
- According to Jeffrey Kluger, author of The Sibling Effect, after approximately six years, your step siblings can become as close to you as biological ones.
- 51% of all newborns in the U.S. are boys.
- Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. – Marc Brown, author and illustrator of children’s books.
- When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life. – Antisthenes, Greek philosopher and star pupil of Socrates.
Brother’s Day Top Events and Things to Do
- Take your brother out for a meal and discuss cherished family memories together. Some great places to take out your brother would be a favourite restaurant of his or a spot that is most memorable or very special to you both from your past.
- Watch a movie about brotherhood. Some of the best suggestion movies are: Boyhood (2014), Four Brothers (2005), Boyz N the Hood (1991), and The Tree of Life (2011).
- Read a book about brotherhood. Some suggestions are: The Sibling Effect, Brother, and The Dead Man’s Brother.
- Post a picture on social media of you and your brother with a caption of a fond memory between the two of you. Make sure to tag your brother in the photo!
- Spread awareness about the holiday by using the hashtags #NationalBrotherDay, #brother and #NBD on social media.
National Brothers Day GIF Images
Below we are presenting a few national brothers day images on this national brother’s day hope you like them. Share these national brothers day gif images with your brother and him feel that he was very special for you.
~”~Wish you Happy Brothers Day To All~”~